Thursday, August 12, 2010

Go Dee Dee Go

Dare I say it? I think John David is potty trained. He has had a couple dirty pull-ups in the mornings, but when we switched him to underwear at night, he started holding it until I wake up. But during the day he is 100% potty trained---even if we're out in public.

You know how he talks to himself. I hear him say, "Tell Mommy. Don't get wet." And then I ask, "Do you have to go pee pee?" And he'll say, "yeah."

A few weeks ago I bought some new underwear for him. I found a 7 pack of Thomas the Train (he's liked Thomas for a long time) and a 3 pack of Diego, whom he'd never heard of. Diego is Dora the Explorer's cousin. Diego's show is called Go Diego Go.

I wanted John David to be excited about his new Diego underwear, so I streamed the first season of Go Diego Go to our Netflix queue.

He loves it!

He calls it, "Go Dee Dee Go." He asks for it first thing in the morning--before breakfast even!

What I like about the show is that they feature not-so-common animals such as chinchillas, marmosets, lemurs, tapirs, etc. Each show is about Diego rescuing animals and he teaches Spanish words too.

Unfortunately for me, he now prefers his 3 pairs of Diego underwear above all the rest. So much for trying to stretch the time between wash loads......

No comments:

Post a Comment