Thursday, July 29, 2010

He's a Scavenger

Today we went to Sandcastle (a water park) with my friend Lindsey and her two girls. I had a free "buddy pass" that was about to expire so I invited her to come with us, thinking she'd have to purchase one more ticket. (Her two year old is free). But wow! There are some great people out there. While standing in line to buy that extra ticket two separate people came up and offered us a total of three free tickets! So we ended up getting everyone in for free. Sweet!

Our favorite section (the "tadpool") was closed so we had to head over to "Wet Willie's," which is basically a playground with water spraying everywhere. It's easy to keep my eye on John David at the tadpool so I was a little disappointed that my calm relaxing day at the pool went up in smoke. It only takes about 1 second for me to lose sight of him at Wet Willie's. So of course, several times I found myself trying not to panic when he vanished. After the third time, I realized that looking in the water was a waste of time and to turn around and look for him in the herd of lounge chairs.

Why?

Because he's a scavenger. The first time I lost sight of him, I eventually caught him rifling through someone's bags for snacks!!

The second time, I found him hovering near a family who was eating lunch.

The third time he wandered off I found him sitting in a chair next to a family of four children whose mom was feeding them snacks. The children shared their goldfish, their fruit chews, and fudge shoppe cookies with him.

And it's not like I don't feed him. He had already eaten 3/4 of a PBJ, baby carrots, a cheese stick, and some crackers.


No comments:

Post a Comment