Saturday, July 24, 2010

Adventures in Potty Training

Today John David pooped on the floor of the playroom. I went to grab a doggy poop bag but while my back was turned he picked it up himself with a doggy bag and brought it to me. I said, "Thanks," and promptly threw it in the trash.

"Dat mine!"

"Dat my poop!"

[insert total meltdown].

Gotta love two year olds. :)

(By the way, he did poop on the real toilet three times later in the day, so that's progress.....)

Rewind to two days ago: He somehow got into a jar of peanut butter and got it up to his elbows, all over his face, and in his hair. So I put him in the tub. While he was playing, Rex got hungry so I laid down on the bed to let him nurse. Next thing I know, John David walks in and says, "I poop-ed." He had something brown smeared on his upper lip. And it was not peanut butter. Ewwwww! I went in the bathroom and found poop floating in the bath water, smears of it on the tub, and three piles on the floor as well. While I was surveying the crime scene, John David ran into our bedroom and crawled up on the bed to talk to Rex. Then the sheets and quilt needed washing too!

When Daddy got home, I told him the story, and he asked John David, "Did you eat poop?"

John David: "Yeah."

Daddy: "How was it?"

John David: "Oh. Blech."

While we were driving to the grocery store yesterday he was sitting in his car seat, talking to himself, "Don't poop in da tub. Dat gwoss. Don't poop on the floor. Dat naughty. Don't eat poop. Dat nasty. Poop on da potty, get a mar-mellow." [marshmallow].

No comments:

Post a Comment