Thursday, November 4, 2010

Halloween Fun

The day before Halloween we had a party in the backyard. It was just an excuse to let all the kids have another chance to dress up and have fun. We played Pin the Smile on the Jack-0-lantern, Pass the Pumpkin (like Hot Potato), and The Mummy Game (wrap up partner in toilet paper). John David didn't participate in any games. I guess he's just not old enough yet. I dropped the ball on taking pictures so we don't have very many.

The boys were dressed as a knight and dragon. I was Baby Jaguar (Diego's sidekick) because the original plan was to dress up as Diego characters. We were never able to find one for John David. I thought I'd be able to make it the Diego costume myself but couldn't find what I needed for that either. So we defaulted to the Costco store bought costumes. Dang! I would've been a princess to go with our family "theme" but it was too late. David was a redneck sporting a Billy Ray Cyrus mullet.

On Halloween night we walked up the street and went trick or treating on Forbes. The businesses down there pass out candy to the kids. John David had fun. On the way home, there was a house decked out in paper lanterns, with a man dressed up as a gorilla playing spooky keyboard music on his front porch. He had speakers set up to blast the music down the street. It was pretty cool. David tried to get John David to walk up the stairs to get candy out of the bucket but he kept saying, "I'm scared! That's scary."


Our Frankenstein cake. The best part was the purple cake on the inside. :)

John David and Henry hanging out by the candy. (Of course).





No comments:

Post a Comment