Friday, December 23, 2011

inside the mind of a 3 year old

Yesterday we were driving somewhere and John David asked me, "Mom, can Daddies fall?"

"Yes, anybo---"  Before I could finish, he cut me off and said, "Not my daddy."

"Yes," I tried to explain, "Anyone can fall down, it's just an accident."

"Not my daddy.  He's expensive."

Too funny.  I take that to mean he values his daddy and thinks he's a real treasure.  And infallible, apparently.

********************************
I posted this on Facebook already but I wanted to write it here in case anyone missed it.

A few mornings ago I woke up with John David next to me in bed.  He said, "Mommy, I'm hungry." I asked what he wanted for breakfast.  With enthusiasm, he said, "A corn dog!"  I told him that didn't sound like a breakfast food so he said, "Hmmm, let me FINK."  [think].  After a brief pause, he sat bolt right up in bed and said, this time with conviction, "A corn dog and COFFEE."

No comments:

Post a Comment