Saturday, November 19, 2011

swimming, songs, and more

This morning is John David's last morning of Kinder Kinetics.  He has been going every Saturday morning for the last 10 weeks.  It's a program through the University of Pittsburgh.  They do an hour of gross motor activities and then an hour of swimming.  

Every Saturday when I run him inside, he stops at the security guard's desk and announces, "My hands are SO COLD."

And the man says, "Let me see!"  And John David will let the man feel his hands.

This morning the man turned to his buddy and said, "See?  Told ya."

*************************

Right now John David has two favorite songs.

Made in America by Toby Keith
If You're Gonna Play in Texas by Alabama

He heard these songs on the radio and was always asking me, "Mom, when will I hear the 'Texas' song again?"  And I would catch him singing the "Made in Americaaaaaa" refrain, over and over.

So finally I bought the songs and put it them on my iPhone.  Our Highlander has a Bluetooth connection so when I hop in the car it connects to the stereo and you can listen to songs on my iPod.  So EVERY time we get in the car we find ourselves listening to these SAME TWO SONGS.  He will occasionally ask to hear, "That song by the Eagles," as he calls it, which is Peaceful Easy Feeling.

This morning, after dropping John David off at Kinder Kinetics, I got back into the car with Rex.  The song by Alabama came on, AGAIN.  Sick to death of it, I switched over to the radio.  Rex started kicking his legs and fussing.  

Oh for heaven's sake!

One more time, I guess.


No comments:

Post a Comment