Wednesday, March 23, 2011

penis conversations

John David talks about his penis a lot.

Here are some recent conversations:

*************************************

We were driving to the gym a few days ago, when John David asked, "Mom, do germs have penises?  Or princess parts?"  I said, "Neither."

Him, "YES!  Which one???"  He thought I was holding out on him.

*************************************

At his three year well-child check up, Dr. Kim told him she needed to look at his "bumps."  As she pulled down his underwear, she explained that boys have "two bumps" and that she needed to look at his really quick.  He pushed her hand away saying, "Heyyy!  Don't touch my peeeeeeenis!"

Dr. Kim, "That's right, only Mommy, Daddy, and your doctor can touch your penis.  No one else."

I was glad he stood up for himself.  He's good about saying no if someone pushes him around on the playground.  I'm not sure why he knew no one be touchin' his junk, because I haven't explicitly taught him about the private nature of his "private parts" but he seemed to understand the concept...

***************************************

At Costco today, out of the TOTAL blue, John David said, "My daddy has a giant penis."  Sadly, no one else heard him.....oh how I wish he'd embarrassed David the way he embarrassed me at church the other day.

In case you hadn't heard....before walking into church this past Sunday we had a discussion about being quiet, using an inside voice, etc.  So we walked in, and he ran, SILENTLY, to the front of the church, while the pastor was speaking, and made a huge lap around the congregation.  Oh, the horror.  Why me God?  Why?

***************************************

This last one happened several weeks ago but I didn't want to forget it.

John David:  Mommy, you see Thomas' penis?  [Thomas the Train---he's pointing at the TV].
Me: No.
JD:  It's right there!  [pointing at screen].
Me:  I don't see it.  Trains don't have a penis.  They are trains.
JD:  Yes!  It's right there!  You see Percy's penis?
Me:  No.
JD:  It's right there!!

He did this for every character on the show.  Thomas, Henry, Edward, Gordon, Toby, Bertie.....

No comments:

Post a Comment