Sunday, November 15, 2009

Word Books


Before I turned on the camera, John David pointed out the gorilla and said, "Gorilla." Then he pointed at the gorilla's boobs and said, "Ginky!" (His word for it). He weaned himself about a month ago but he still remembers. Sometimes when he sees the gorilla in this book, he'll say, "ginkies," and crawl in my lap and pat my chest affectionately.

John David LOVES looking at word books. He prefers the books with photos of real objects versus illustrations. He has a few on animals, one with household objects, and another with vehicles, boats, and aircraft. He likes to point at things and say the word. Sometimes he'll give a sound effect. A few days ago we were driving down the road and I pointed out a noisy motorcycle. Later that day he found a photo of a motorcycle in his book and told me, "Vrooooom!"

No comments:

Post a Comment