Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Latest Stats

Height:  31.5"
Weight:  25 lbs 11 oz

Jack is exactly in the 50th percentile for height and weight.  I took him to the pediatrician this morning and, sure enough, he has an ear infection in his left ear.  He is asleep in the photo after wearing himself out kicking, screaming, and flailing during his appointment.  The first time the doctor looked in his ears she couldn't see anything due to wax buildup.  So then she came back with drops to break up the wax.  Ten minutes later, she came back and flushed out his ears.  And finally she could see the inflammation.  By that time he was an expert at dodging the otoscope and I had to use my whole body & all of my strength to hold him down.  I don't think I've ever seen him so upset.  He kicked and screamed until we left the building and were all the way across the street.  

After we left the pediatrician's office, my friend Lindsey came over with her two girls, Clara & Sophia.  We had a picnic lunch in the park a few blocks from our house.  Here is a picture of Clara today--she made friends with this group of little girls, who enjoyed touching her hair.  She loved the attention.



No comments:

Post a Comment