Monday, June 22, 2009

Dat? Dat? Lion!!!


Jack's favorite book (of the moment) is a picture book featuring a ton of animals.  He will point to an animal and ask, "Dat?".  He makes sure to study my lips and mouth as I say the word.  He loves to say "lion," although I'm not sure anyone can understand him (other than us).  It doesn't exactly sound like "lion" but he does say it this way each time.  The lion is his favorite animal to point to.  Perhaps it's my awesome imitation of a lion's roar.  He frequently points to the goat, horse, pony, elephant, and all cat-like creatures such as cheetahs, leopards, tigers, lions, panthers, etc.  I'll tell him the word, and he'll do his best to repeat it.  There must be over 100 animals in this book but he points to the same dozen over and over. 

No comments:

Post a Comment