Monday, December 29, 2008

entree envy


"I'll just have what you're having mom."  That's what John David would say if could!  Right now, all he can manage is "Nah Nah!"  (Translation:  "Ma Ma").  He wants to eat WHATEVER we are eating.  Enough of this baby food already.  If I'm eating an omelet, he wants a bite.  If I'm drinking coffee, he wants a drink.  Last weekend he ate the tofu out of my hot and sour soup!  If I want to feed him baby food, I have to blob some on my plate and pretend to eat it.  Only then is he interested.  

In the last week he's taken an interest in everything going on in the kitchen.  He whines until I pick him up and show him what I'm cooking or preparing.  He watches intently.  If he's on the floor when I open the refrigerator door, he zooms over, stands up, and starts plucking out bottles and containers.  This photo was taken the day after Christmas.  David's little chef in training.

No comments:

Post a Comment